There’s a lot of adventure and fun at Costanoa and we’re glad you’re here to experience it. Thanks in advance for reviewing our policies. We don’t like rules either but following these few guidelines will ensure an enjoyable experience for all our guests.
Check in is at 4:00pm the day of arrival
Check out time is 12:00 noon
Campground check in time is 2:00pm
Late check out must be approved in advance by the Front Desk. Any check out between the hours of 12 noon and 3PM will be charged a half day rate. After 3 PM a full day rate will apply
• All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card
• An advanced deposit of the first night’s room and tax is required. Your credit card will be charged at the time the reservation is made
• The maximum stay in any for any guests is 14 days unless approved prior to arrival by the General Manager
• Please note our online booking system may not reflect all of our availability. If you do not see your preferred accommodation, please contact the front desk for details at 650-879-1100
• As a safety precaution, unless otherwise specified by the reservation holder, Costanoa will only give out keys at time of registration to the guest(s) whose name is listed on the reservation. Upon Check in guest will be asked for a valid ID and Credit Card.
• Reservations may be booked up to 12 months in advance
• Guests under the age of 18 must provide a credit card authorization provided by a party 18 years or older
• No rollaways are available for any room or tent bungalow accommodation unless otherwise noted
• Costanoa does not provide cribs or pack ‘n plays
• For group or wedding reservations block of rooms, please contact our Sales department at 650-879-7307.
• All reservations must be canceled 72 hours prior to the arrival date for a refund. A $10.00 processing fee will be charged for all canceled reservations
• Any “no shows” will be charged for one night’s rate
• Early Departure Guests who check out prior to their scheduled departure date are subject to an early departure fee of one night
• The cancellation policy may be slightly different if your reservation is part of a group or wedding. Please contact our group reservations department for additional information at 650-879-7306.
Due to our proximity to State Parks as well as sensitive habitats, we have a very specific policy regarding dogs on property. Dogs are allowed only for guests who are staying in Recreational Vehicle sites. This does not include guests at Pitch Your Own Tent Sites. We also have (4) Coastal Cabin standard Pet Friendly accommodations and (2) Campground Cabins. These accommodations require a $50 nonrefundable Pet Fee.
Our dog policy is designed for the safety and wellbeing of all of our guests:
• Dogs must be leashed at all times unless they are inside a secured Recreational Vehicle
• Dogs may only be walked within the Recreational Vehicle parking area
• Dogs are not allowed in any of the Costanoa picnic areas
• Owners are responsible to clean up after Dogs waste
• Dogs must be under owners control at all times
• Dogs are not allowed in any of the nearby State Parks. Official fines for dogs in State Parks are up to $125 per dog
• Dogs are allowed on leash at Bean Hollow trails 10 minutes north of Costanoa as well as Lighthouse Field in Santa Cruz
• Breed restrictions apply due to our property insurance policy. The following are NOT permitted: Dobermans, Pit Bulls or Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Chows, Wolves, or Rottweilers or cross breeds thereof
Please do not hesitate to contact any of our staff if you have questions or would like clarification in regards to our Dog Policy.
• Quiet time at Costanoa begins at 10pm each night and ends at 9am the following day
• No pets are allowed at Costanoa with the exception of the RV area and specified pet-friendly accommodations listed in our pet policy
• Open campfires are not permitted at any site
• Costanoa is a non-smoking property. For the safety and enjoyment of all of our guests, smoking, including e-cigarette and vape pens, is strictly prohibited in all accommodations, common areas, walking paths and hiking trails
• No drone zone. Out of safety concerns for guests, employees, and resort property, as well as concerns for individual privacy, Costanoa prohibits the operation or use of unmanned aerial systems (UAS), or drones, by anyone – including recreational users and hobbyists – without prior written authorization from Costanoa management
• Please limit your cars to one car per campsite
• Use of Costanoa’s Hot Tub is restricted to registered guests and Spa patrons only, staying in the following accommodations: Lodge, All Douglas Fir Cabins, and Cypress and Lighthouse Bungalow. Guests with spa treatments have hot tub access for the day of treatment
7am to 10pm daily
Monday to Thursday 9am – 8pm
Friday 9am – 9pm
Saturday 8am – 9pm
Sunday 8am – 8pm
High Season (April – January)
Sunday to Thursday 7:30am – 9pm
Friday & Saturday 7:30am – 10pm
Winter Season (January – April)
7:30am – 9pm daily
Pine Tent operates seasonally (weather permitting) Spring through Fall (Thursday-Sunday).
As we are are located in a sensitive ecosystem and beautiful wildlife habitat, we pride ourselves on holding a high standard for eco-friendly and sustainable initiatives, goals, and policies. Although there is always room for improvement, we have included some of what we do to keep our impact as low as possible along the Central Coast of California. We encourage all employees and guests alike to participate in our efforts.
• Property wide Green certification from The Bay Area Green Business Program
• Locally roasted, organic, fair-trade coffee in-room, restaurants, and retail store
• Organic toiletries from Pharmacopia, an ecologically responsible company within a 75 mile radius using all sustainable packaging and organic ingredients
• Essential oil-based laundry and housekeeping cleaners
• Guest room towels have a daily voluntary reuse option
• Retired towels and linens are recycled for use as rags
• Lodge Premium rooms linens either organic cotton or Eucalyptus fiber
• All Grey/black water treated on site and re-used for landscape irrigation.
• Predominantly California Native plant types used for landscaping. Voluminous eradication project (on-going) of non-native invasive plant species
• Partnership with Amah-Mutsin Native land stewards to restore vegetation to pre-conquest plant types
• Recycling program throughout the property and in-room
• Recycled paper products, conference paper pads and collateral
• Compostable, recyclable eco-pens in-room and meeting spaces
• Recycled copy paper in offices
• Energy efficient lighting throughout the property
• Low flow water systems and waterless urinals throughout the property
• Organic & local produce and food offerings in our restaurants and catering
• Organic, local, recycled, biodegradable products offered in the retail store
• Recycle grease in the kitchen for biodiesel fuel
• Bulk water dispensers for employees and guests
• Composting in the Cascade restaurant for our garden program.
• Organic flower and vegetable garden for décor and restaurant use
• Executive Chef’s inclusion in the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch program, and adheres to guidelines on buying and serving seafood from sustainable sources.
Open everyday, Cascade Restaurant + Bar at Costanoa uses local, organic, and handcrafted ingredients in its offering of fresh California coastal cuisine.
Our General Store is stocked with organic foods, local beer & wine, board games, sundries, apparel, spa products, candles, gifts, and more.
Pine Tent is our seasonal destination for open air, fast casual dining located in the center of the property. Pine Tent features an open kitchen and a covered bar surrounded by the large outdoor deck with frequent live music.
There are several grilling stations and picnic areas at Costanoa where stand-up BBQs are provided. If you are part of a group of 15 or more or will be interested in exclusive use of an outdoor area combined with catering, please contact our sales dept.
The hot tub is open to guests staying in the Lodge, Cypress Camp, Lighthouse Bungalows, and Douglas Fir Cabins. The hot tub is also available for day use by patrons of Spa services at Costanoa. Hours are 7am to 10pm daily.
Discover the relaxing Pace of Nature with one of Costanoa’s Integrative Massages. Supplement any of our therapies with Aromatherapy, Deep Tissue and/or Arnica treatments to help you unwind, revitalize and relieve those aching muscles after that long hike, bike or horseback ride.